Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

White & Denim


Memorial weekend is long gone and a whole new weekend is fast approaching. But before we get there, let’s rewind back to this past weekend real quick. This was a very busy and exciting memorial weekend packed with so many activities. I spent a lot of my time with my family. Between all the shopping, going to the park, cleaning and organizing, and preparing for our annual family barbecue I was ready to take a moment to relax, and that’s exactly what I did on Memorial Day…just relax.

Every year on the Sunday of Memorial weekend we celebrate our annual family BBQ/Dominican Mother’s Day, hosted by my dear cousin Eliana. This year she asked me to come up with a dress code for the event. Since I have been currently obsessing over all things denim, I decided to incorporate denim into the look.  I wanted this look to be very easy to put together so I chose to pair up the denim with white.  I love the white and denim combination because it’s nice and simple, and very versatile. The possibilities are endless when it comes to choosing white or denim pieces. You can dress it up or dress it down. It’s great for the plain Jane or the fearless fashionista. I wanted all of us to match, but still wanted everyone to be able to express their personal style.

For my white and denim look I chose to wear something ladylike, dressy, with a bohemian flair. I paired a lovely white blouse with a denim A-line skirt that I recently purchased from Forever 21. I love the peasant or bohemian style of the top. The minimal crochet details and the flutter sleeves add a delicate touch to this blouse. The skirt also has a vintage vibe, which I absolutely love and always appreciate. I thought the two looked great together. I added these camel colored mule sandals (very on trend for this Spring and Summer), and a matching flap crossbody bag. I wanted the jewelry to be very minimal and subtle so I wore navy blue studded earrings, a thin gold feather necklace and a chunky turquoise stone ring for a tiny pop of color. A bold red lip, red nails, and a sleek, curly pony tail complete this bohemian chic look.

White Top: Forever 21 | Denim Midi Skirt: Forever 21 |
Flap Top Cossbody bag: Forever 21 | Shoes: Target
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend. The next time you decide to wear white and denim, I challenge you to take these very simple pieces to new heights and think about how you can create a look that represents your own personal style. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I’ll see you on the next style post!


In light of Dominican Mother’s Day, here are a few photos I took with my son Arthur wearing our white and denim outfits. Enjoy…


















No comments:

Post a Comment