Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Moving Forward


It's Friday and of course I'm excited because I love Fridays and I love the weekend. Did I mention that Friday is my favorite day of the week? Not that I don't like the other days, but Friday just holds a special place in my heart, and that goes back as far as when I was a little school girl. It feels like yesterday when I first fell in love with Friday. I used to love coming home from school on a Friday afternoon and sitting back, relaxing, and loving the fact that I could stay up late because I didn't have to go to school the next day. Ahh...memories! 

Speaking of days of the week. This past Tuesday, May 12 was my birthday. This will be the last year of my 20s...yeah I said it. I'm 29 and proud. People say I will stop being proud of saying my age after 30, but I honestly find it ridiculous for people, especially women to hide their age. I really hope I don't become one of those people because I see so much beauty in age. A lot of people describe me as an old soul, even as a child. I was sitting in my Godmother's living room about an hour before midnight on my birthday and noticed a plaque on her windowsill with a quote by Abraham Lincoln. It says"it's not the years in your life that counts, it's the life in your years." That quote instantly caught my attention and made me realize that a lot of people in this world are so caught up in the numbers and not in the beauty of age. Next year I will be entering a new decade and I am so excited about what the future holds, the memories that will be created, the things I will learn. Aging is a gift from God. It's a beautiful gift... it really is. 

This year my birthday was on a Tuesday, which means I had to go to work. I decided to make this one very low key, but still keep it bright and colorful with my birthday ensemble. I based my outfit around this lovely floral print blazer that I bought at Forever 21 I believe two years ago. I finally decided to wear it for the first time. I know. I know. I should have worn it along time ago, but I just never found the perfect time until this day of course. So I paired up this cheery and pretty blazer with a chartreuse tank top, white high waist jeans, my royal blue pumps, and some gold accessories to complete the look. This outfit was cute, colorful and oh so comfortable.

Blazer, Tank Top, Pants: Forever 21 | Shoes: Poshmark | Handbag: Jessica Simpson |
 Necklace: Target 
I hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Stay tuned, and stay beautiful inside and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment