Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Casual Cool


The days, weeks, and months seem to be running faster than water. That’s an old saying that I would hear my grandmother say when I was growing up. You don’t realize it until you get older of course.  Some days I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. I have so much to do, and time just keeps going by faster and faster each day.

I can’t believe that Memorial Day is only a few days away. If you’re planning to spend this holiday on a boat or by the beach, I have the perfect outfit to wear to your party by the shore. I found an outfit that is reminiscent of summer, but perfect for those cool spring days. This nautical style striped jacket and skirt set that I recently purchased at LOFT (pssst…it’s currently on sale) has a casual, cool, and very sophisticated feel. I wanted to keep this look very simple, yet chic. I paired up the white and navy blue striped set with a chartreuse sweater to add in pop of color to the outfit. I know you're probably thinking I'm hot with all these extra layers. Quite frankly, I wasn't. I wore this outfit on one of those sunny spring days when it was in the low to mid 60s. For a more casual and comfortable look, you can wear this set with a nice pair flat sandals. I decided to glam it up a little by wearing it with white pumps, a nautical inspired statement necklace, and handbag.A bold red lip is just the touch to complete this look. This set is not only perfect for a beach or boat party, but it has a certain sophistication that makes it great to wear to the office.

Breton Stripe Jacket & Skirt: LOFT | Chartreuse Sweater: LOFT (similar) |
White Pumps: Michael Antonio (similar) | Handbag & Necklace: Charming Charlie

I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your loved ones. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I will see you on the next style post!

No comments:

Post a Comment