Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Feeling Thankful on Mother's Day


“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”   Proverbs 22:6

Words cannot express how thankful and blessed I am to have an amazing mother, Godmother, grandmothers, great-grandmothers (yes, they are both still alive), aunts, and all the mothers in my life. They have all played a different, yet very important role in my upbringing. They have each instilled in me a great sense of morality, goodness, honesty, and respect. I thank God for putting these special women in my life. Their teachings have always, and will forever stay with me. These things I have learned from them, I hope to pass on to my son, any future children I may have, and other generations to come.

On this Mother's Day, I decided to get all dolled up and feel extra pretty and ladylike. It's no secret that I love getting all dressed up, but sometimes the everyday hustle and bustle, motherhood, and all of the things packed into our daily schedules, don't allow us to take the extra time to look, well...pretty. It's not everyday that I get a chance to look like this, but when I do get a chance, I take advantage of that time, because I really do believe that when we look good, we feel good. This blog has been a great outlet for me personally, to display my love for fashion, and it is my motivation to come up with beautiful, affordable outfit ideas that will cheer us up and lift our spirits. Not just for me, but for you too!

For those mothers who feel like they don't have the time or money to look fabulous, think again. There are ways to do this without breaking the bank and time, well, I'm sure you can find a little time if you put in some effort. Let's take a look at what I wore on this Mother's Day. This look is simple. sophisticated, and oh so pretty... and guess what? The entire look, from head to toe, only cost me $75. Unbelievable! Right? I purchased this dress a little over a year ago, and finally got a chance to wear it. I believe it was originally between $38-$45 and I got it on sale for only $14. These leopard print pumps that I love so much were also purchased over a year ago, and I got those for $25. The gold clutch was $10 at H&M (this was a recent purchase), and $26 were spent on all of the jewelry. Not bad for a look for less. This look is easy to recreate. I have provided similar items below to help recreate this look for a just few dollars more. 

Mint Dress: Francesca's (similar here and here) | Leopard Print Pumps: Anne Michelle (similar) |
Gold Clutch: H&M | Pearl Necklace: H&M (similar) | Gold Bracelets: Love Culture
For those who don't know, I am a mother of an amazing, beautiful, funny, and loving four and a half year-old boy named Arthur. He is the love of my life. The greatest gift that God has blessed me with. Words cannot express how grateful I am to have him in my life. This little guys has changed my perspective on life and has changed my world, for the better. : ) Below, I am sharing with you some special Mother's Day photos with my son Arthur. 


I hope you all enjoyed this very special, more personal style post. I also hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your mother and children if you're a mother.  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Stay tuned for more fun and colorful Spring outfit ideas. Don't forget to stay beautiful inside and out. See you on the next style post!

XO,

Evelin

No comments:

Post a Comment