Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Simply Elegant


There are times when I want to dress with bright colors, exotic prints and different textures. Then there are times when I want to wear something soft, simple, and easy on the eyes. Coco Chanel once said that “simplicity is the keynote of all true Elegance.”  I have to say I agree with her one hundred percent. This topic of simplicity has been following me for a few months now, especially since the start of the new year. As we grow older, our style, the things we like, the decisions we make in our lives, our goals, and everything we do becomes more clear to us. We try to define our purpose here on earth.  I have learned that simplicity is one of the main ingredients needed to be able to accomplish a lot of what we want in our lives. I would like to talk more about this topic of simplicity on a different post, but for right now, let’s take a look at this simple, yet elegant outfit I wore on Easter day.

I purchased this dress in early February at H&M. I tried the dress on at the store and immediately I knew I wanted to wear it for Easter. The intricate lace details, the flowy shape of the dress, and the soft blush color are in my opinion, a true representation of simplicity and elegance.  It’s so lovely and so lady-like.  So obviously this was love at first sight and I had to make it mine. I paired it up with my black and blush strappy sandals and my leopard print jacket. I’ve had the jacket and the shoes for a couple years now (sorry ladies, they are no longer available). This look is perfect to wear to church, on a date, or an afternoon or evening event.


 “Simplicity   is the keynote  of all trueElegance.”  Coco Chanel


Dress: H&M | Shoes: Forever 21 | Leopard Print Jacket: H&M | Earrings: Forever 21

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I’ll see you on the next style post!


No comments:

Post a Comment