Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Timeless Style



Hi and welcome back! Today I am sharing with you an outfit that is sophisticated and very chic; an elegant look for the classy lady with a timeless fashion style. This look makes me travel back in time, specifically to the early 90s. Perhaps because when I was a young girl, I remember flipping through magazines and catalogs looking at all the stylish outfits that women wore. A lot of times I would daydream and imagine myself being a woman and wearing some of these outfits. This look in particular is a good example of one of those outfits that I found myself so attracted to. I have deep love for clothes that are classy, elegant, with a touch of vintage, and a modern flair. We now live in a generation where less is more and tight is right. Women want to show off their figures and they want to feel sexy. It’s the popular thing and a lot of people are doing it. I understand wanting to look and feel sexy, but as I’ve gotten older, I have come to realize that our sexiness does not come so much from the clothes we wear, it comes from the way we express ourselves, our attitude and outlook on life. There is nothing sexier than a woman who exudes confidence, with poise, is creative, and has a unique and timeless sense of style. I have learned that we shouldn’t worry about copying the rest; it is about creating a unique look that represents you. You can call me old fashioned, I’ve heard that before. Quite frankly, I don’t mind. It is what I stand for and believe in. It’s what makes me who I am.

To create this retro-inspired look, I wore a pair of palazzo pants with a chiffon button down blouse to match the polka-dots on the pants. I paired it with a navy blue trench coat, cream colored, pointed ankle boots, and a taupe handbag. I wanted to keep this look pretty simple and neutral for the most part, but of course I had to add in a pop of color. A peach color nail polish and a peach lipstick completed this classy and sophisticated look. This outfit is perfect to wear to the office, a business meeting, or to Sunday service. 
  
Navy Blue Trench Coat:NY & Co. Blouse: NY & Co. | Palazzo Pants: Target (similar) |
 Ankle Boots: H&M (similar) | Taupe Handbag: Olivia + Joy (similar)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed this post and that you are inspired to experiment with timeless fashion. Have a beautiful day and I’ll see you on the next style post!

No comments:

Post a Comment