Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Something Light, Something Bright


It's no secret that I am in love with colors; neon, pastels, dark, light... you name it, I love them all. Whenever people ask me what my favorite color is my answer is "I love all colors." Yes there are some colors that we tend to be drawn to more than others, but I personally find them all intriguing, inspiring, and motivating. Colors can provoke a certain memory or feeling. They not only have a way of catching someone's eyes, but also their mind and heart.

Lately I've been into neon, pastel, and neutral colors. They are all on different sides of the spectrum, just the way I like it. What can I say, I like variety. In this style post I styled a neon peach chiffon blouse with none other than distressed boyfriend jeans (another one of my latest obsessions). Boyfriend jeans have been on trend for quite a while now. I am pretty late on wearing this trend because for a long time I couldn't find the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans. I always found them to be too big and I refused to pay for jeans that were already ripped. I had a hard time accepting them. I thought they looked weird on me, but thought they looked great on other people. It wasn't until recently that I found a pair that fit me so perfectly (not this pair) and then the obsession began. Once I found the right pair, I kept finding more and more in all different shades and distressed in different areas. I own a few of them at this point. This pair of white washed distressed boyfriend jeans are the only ones I own with the biggest rips. I still can't seem to accept the ones with the really big holes on them. I gave these a chance because they were $20, plus there was an additional 50% off discount. I couldn't pass them up. Ten dollar jeans? You can't beat that! I thought that the light color of these jeans and the masculine style looked great paired up with this bright and feminine top. I wore this outfit with leopard print pumps, a taupe handbag, and a fun statement necklace. The earth tone colors of the shoes and handbag help to soften this look a little. The multicolored statement necklace brings out the darker color of the jeans and looks beautiful paired with the blouse.

I hope you enjoyed this style post and that you are inspired to experiment with different looks, colors, and styles. Sometimes it takes a while for us to step outside of our comfort zone, but once we do, it's a great feeling. That goes for anything in life. Embrace change and don't be afraid to try something new.

Neon Peach Chiffon Blouse: Charlotte Russe (similar here and  here) | Boyfriend Jeans: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Leopard Print Pumps: Anne Michelle  | Taupe Handbag: Olivia + Joy (similar) | 
Statement Necklace: Kohls (similar)

Thanks again for stopping by my blog. Stay tuned for  more fun, Spring-inspired looks. Have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment