Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Shades of Blue










 



Light Acid Wash Overalls: Love Culture | Top: Target |Stripped Heels: Forever21 |
 Black Satchel: TJMaxx (similar here) | Necklace: H&M (similar here) | Sunglasses: H&M 

When I was a little girl two of my favorite trends were overalls and acid wash jeans. I remember when I was about seven, I used to own a pair of light acid wash jeans with suspenders attached to them. Back then I wore them with a red and white stripped shirt and my cowboy boots. I thought I looked so cool. This trend has come back, and of course I had to bring it back with a more modern twist.

Yesterday, the last Sunday of the month of May, we celebrated Dominican Mother's Day. We had a nice family barbecue at one of my cousin's house where a lot of the mothers in our family gathered with children, husbands, and friends to celebrate. Since this is also a holiday weekend (Memorial weekend)  I wanted to add a little American girl vibe to the outfit I wore. I wore my acid wash overalls with a loose-fitting dark blue sleeveless collar shirt. I took this casual look and dressed it up with a pearl and rhinestone statement necklace, white and dark blue stripped heels, and black satchel. Since this was an outdoor party, I wore my blue mirrored aviator glasses, which makes a great combination with the different shades of blue I have going on with this outfit. I took this casual look from comfortable to chic by just adding a few accessories. Overall, I am very happy with the way this look came out.

In light of Dominican Mother's Day, I want to share some photos (below) I took with a very special little guy that changed my world three and half years ago. He makes my life so much more meaningful. My son, Arthur.






Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Be sure to stop by for more outfit ideas, DIYs, and so much more. Stay tuned!

Evelin L. Ureña

No comments:

Post a Comment