Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Color Me Happy





Sweater: Forever 21 | Jeans: Forever 21 | Shoes: Call it Spring | Earrings & Head Scarf: Forever 21 

Color me happy because May has finally arrived! You might be wondering about why I am so excited about the month of May. Below are three reasons why I love this month so much:

Reason one: Like the saying goes "April showers bring May flowers," I am a lover of nature and the beautiful flowers that begin to blossom during this month. In some parts of the world, there are flowers all year around, but here in New Jersey, we have to wait until May to see them in full bloom and we only get to enjoy them for a few months. I feel like my natural environment and I are truly in sync. When the trees and flowers are alive, I feel alive. This is one of those months that makes me feel rejuvenated and like I am coming back to life.

Reason two: We celebrate Mother's Day in May. Mother's Day is every day, but it's nice to have a special day dedicated to them. Being a mother is the most challenging, yet most rewarding opportunities we have in life. I am so thankful and blessed to have grown up around so many strong and amazing mothers, including own. I also thankful for the privilege and opportunity of being a mother and experiencing something truly special.

Reason three: It's my birthday! I was born on May 12. I love celebrating birthdays. Not just my birthday, but other people's birthdays as well. I grew up in a house where we celebrated a birthday party or other parties at least once or twice a month. My favorite part was planning and decorating. Lucky for me, I had a mother who trusted my design instincts even as young child. I was always very much involved in any celebratory event.

To celebrate the start of this beautiful month, I styled a colorful outfit that is sure to brighten your day. This outfit was styled around the floral head scarf I am wearing in the photos. I picked out two colors from the head scarf, which are seen in the bright-colored flamingo pink sweater, and the pastel yellow heels. This look is comfortable and will have you looking stylish while running errands or maybe shopping with friends.

Thank you for reading! Come back soon for more outfit inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment