Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Something Old, Something New


Hello sunshine! It was a gorgeous day here in New Jersey. I can’t believe it felt like spring on this late November day. This is a rarity around here. Every so often we have a warm day during the late fall or winter, or sometimes we will get snow in the spring, or a cold summer day. The weather around here can sometimes be so unpredictable. 

Speaking of rare things, today I am showing you an outfit that is quite unique and a style that I don’t always wear, but I absolutely love.  This vintage set, which features a long skirt and a matching button- down shirt, was given to me by my dear Godmother a few years ago. Can I just say I have the coolest Godmother?! She is so fashion forward and has an amazing collection of vintage clothes. I am so lucky and blessed to have her as my Godmother. Not just because I get to inherit all of these great pieces, but because of the amazing, beautiful person that she is inside and out. I know I’m getting off topic here, but in this season of Thanksgiving, I think it's important to share what we are thankful for. She is one of those people that I am so thankful to have in my life along with many others (family and friends).

Okay back to the outfit. For a long time, I couldn't figure out when I wanted to wear this set or how I would style this outfit, so I let it sit in my closet and waited for the right moment to come. Well... I finally decided to bring this skirt and shirt set back to life a few weeks ago when we had another one of those rare warm autumn days. I didn't want the outfit to look outdated, so I paired it with newer pieces to give it a more modern feel. Instead of plainly wearing this 90's style shirt and long skirt, I thought it would be best to tuck the shirt inside the skirt. I added a belt to cinch the waist and create balance between the over-sized top and skirt. This shirt and skirt set was immediately transformed into a dress. I chose to not button the top up all the way and wore a tan shirt underneath. A pair of brown suede booties, some gold jewelry, and a brown and tan shoulder bag completes this fall look.  

This outfit is chic and very ladylike. Here's a fun fact about me: When I was a little girl, I used to love looking through the Fingerhut magazines and imagining myself wearing clothes that looked very similar to what I'm wearing in this outfit post. I have been told that I have an old soul and I definitely agree. I realize that most people won’t be into this style of dressing since today's fashion is very much focused on showing off a woman's body, the idea that showing less is best, and giving off sex appeal. I personally think that a woman can look sexy in anything that she wears. You don't have to show a lot of skin or wear super tight clothes to show how sexy you are. The true beauty and sexiness comes from inside; how you carry yourself, and how confident you feel about what your are wearing.

I hope you enjoyed this outfit post, and maybe you too will be inspired to mix the old with the new. Have a lovely day, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones. See you on the next style post. Enjoy!


Shirt/Skirt Set: Vintage | Boots: H&M | Cross body Bag: Target|
Necklace: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment