Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Violets are Blue




Greetings lovely followers! If you’re on the East coast, I hope you have been enjoying the great weather. I certainly have! If you haven’t noticed already, I have an obsession with bright colors and prints. I have been in love with leopard print and floral prints since I can remember (yes, I wore leopard print as a little girl). Those two are definitely on the top of my list of favorites. I’m not wearing any animal print on this post, but I am wearing a floral print, high-low top that I am absolutely in love with. I really like the design on the back of this shirt. The v-cut gives it a little sea appeal, and the way it drapes gives it a very feminine and elegant look. 


  

When wearing bright colors and prints, I normally don’t like to overdo it. I think it’s important to find a focal point in your outfit and let that be the center of attention. Everything else should complement it. For this reason, I chose to wear the top with white faux leather skinny pants just like background color on the shirt. I paired muted purple Steve Madden heels with a rhinestone detail. Notice how they are not the same bright purple color as the roses on the top, instead, they are lighter. This helps bring out a little color from the top without necessarily taking away from it.

Moving back to the top, the focal point; I decided to bring out the violet flower to life (not literally of course) with this pretty violet/blue flower headpiece. I really like rhinestone detail in the flower. It adds a feminine touch. Believe it or not, I bought this flower in 2004 when Avon first launched their Mark products and this is the first time I put it on my hair. I used to wear it on the side of my blouses, but this time I figured I try something different. I brought out more colors from the top with this yellow purse and bright pink nail polish. I picked out just about every bright color from the top without blinding your eyes. Do you agree?  It’s all in the tiny bits of details that I gently placed in the main area of focus.

Speaking of details, check out the gorgeous chandelier earrings that I’m wearing. I won these beauties a few weeks ago from a fellow fashion blogger’s giveaway contest. For this giveaway, she paired up with another fashion blogger and boutique owner, Erika Batista. Check out Nadia’s blog NAC Styles and Erika’s blog Lola Blue, the Closet for more fashion inspirations. Be sure to stop by Lola Blue the Closet’s boutique and check out her gorgeous jewelry collection. 





                    








Look who decided to join in on the fun! My adorable son Arthur.


Floral Print Top: Burlington Coat Factory | White Faux Leather Pants: H&M | Yellow Merona Crossbody Handbag: Target (on sale now!) |  Flower Headpiece: Mark| Dalia Earrings: c/o Lola Blue the Closet



Thanks for visiting my blog! Stay tuned,… and stay beautiful inside and out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment