Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rocker Chic for Thanksgiving Feast

                     

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."
— Audrey Hepburn


Faux leather skirt, lace top, burgundy stockings, wedge booties: Forever21 |
Houndstooth blouse: Vintage | Burgundy lip stain: Sephora 07

In light of the wonderful holiday that just passed; I would like to share with you the outfit I wore for the occasion. I put together an outfit with colors perfect for Autumn. This season in fashion it's all about opulent and deep colors such as burgundy, plums, mustard yellow, and black just to name a few. Leather and fur are also very popular this season. I have had my heart set on burgundy even before the season began.  It’s a color we are very familiar with every Autumn; this rich color is reminiscent of the leaves of the dogwood tree during the fall. For this outfit I chose a burgundy lace top and paired it up with a tan faux leather skirt, and a black and tan vintage blouse with hounds tooth pattern. To top off the rocker chic look I added burgundy stockings, wedge booties, and burgundy lips. I think the mixture of leather and lace are a great combination that help create what I call the rocker chic look. I wanted to add a little more edge to the outfit by putting on a burgundy lip stain. At first I was worried that the burgundy lips would be too dark for the occasion, but they turned out to be the perfect topping for this edgy look.  

There are so many things to be thankful for, but love, family, and food are definitely at the top of my list. These are the things I really enjoy about this great holiday. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy delicious food and great company this Thanksgiving.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. As always, remember to stay tuned, and stay beautiful inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment