Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Beautiful Inside

Interior beauty can have various meanings. It can mean someone who treats people nicely, or a beautiful interior space, and so on and so forth. However, for this entry, I would like to focus on the inside of our bodies. How beautiful are you on the inside? Literally!

In today’s society, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on exterior beauty. We want what we think is the “perfect” body, beautiful hair, clothes, etc., but how often do we focus on our inner beauty? Ever heard the phrase “you are what you eat?” Well that’s exactly right. The food that we eat reflects who we are physically and mentally. Without the proper nutrients, our bodies won’t have sufficient energy to go on about our everyday tasks. Like the engines in a car, our bodies are our engines. They work to keep us moving. Without the proper maintenance, we risk causing permanent damage, and eventually failure, which in the case of us humans, it means death. These are all things I’m sure you have heard before, but think about this, and be honest to yourself. Are you providing the proper maintenance for your body?

I don’t know your answer to this question, but for me, eating a nutritious meal has always been a wonderful idea. While I have fantasized about eating nothing but healthy food, I have come to realize that this is quite a difficult goal to maintain. We live in a world where we are always on the go. Sometimes we may even skip a meal because we simply don’t have time. I will be honest; I have been guilty of this. However, it is time for a change. I want to encourage you as well as myself, to establish a healthy eating habit.

Pumpkins, squash, corn and potatoes are very popular this season. Not only are they beautiful to look at with their bright colors and different textures, but they also provide a great source of nutrients to nourish our bodies.  I’m sure you’re familiar with these vegetables, but how often do you eat these? Are they a part of your diet?


Fall Harvest




  

                                        
Pumpkin seeds provide a great source of nutrients such as: zinc, manganese, tryptophan, magnesium, copper, protein. phoshorus, and iron.




   

                 

 






























I recommend visiting your local farm or farmer's market to take advantage of the fresh produce selections at a great price. If you can't easily access a farm or farmers market, then don't worry, there's always your local supermarket. For delicious recipes including the vegetables mentioned on this post, I suggest visiting my favorite televison and online network; www.foodnetwork.com

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start your path to a healthy diet, and stay beautiful inside and out! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4207395/?claim=jetz83v39ku">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment